Friday, August 24, 2012

Happy Birthday

I was playing around with backgrounds ( I like to have a few backgrounds on hand to make a quick card!) and decided to do an embossed resist with this Hero Arts Large Line Flowers woodblock stamp.
I applied Tim Holtz distress inks directly to my (Ranger industries) craft mat, spritzed them with water, and used my fingers to apply the paint. The result was not quite what I expected (Shari Caroll makes it look so easy in her videos!!), but I did not want to throw away the card. So after much struggling, I managed to put together this card. The scalloped edge punch is from Martha Stewart and the ribbon is from a local craft store. The flower is from my stash...forgot where it came from though!!
Thanks for stopping by...
Love to hear what you think...
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. LOVELY CARD.love colours of pp.
    megha
    http://meghanuj01.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It is much appreciated!