Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Stencil fun

Hello!
I have a few cards for you today, which I made using Craftangles stencils!
I do not have a step by step tutorial for these, but they are pretty straightforward and as always,
I will explain my process in this post.

For the first card, I used the Craftangles 'Marble Effect' stencil and created this beautiful multicoloured effect using Tim Holtz 'seedless preserves', 'black soot', 'chipped sapphire' , 'mowed lawn' and 'twisted citron' distress inks.
I then die cut the butter fly from DCWV Glitter Mat Stack paper pack and adhered it to the base using double sided foam tape. 
I gold embossed the sentiment form My Favourite things and adhered that too using double sided foam tape.
I finished the card using Craftangles clear sequins.



It shard to photograph the glitter paper..here is another angle.
As you can see, there is a bit of colour going the opposite way on the stencilling...
I spritzed some water on the remaining ink on the stencil and dabbed it on the card base to create some interest.
This is an easy way to make the background a little interesting.


For the second card, I started with Craftangles Earl Grey cardstock, 
which I cut down to fit on my card base. 
I then used Tim Holtz 'Black Soot' distress ink and Craftangles 'Stoned Wall' stencil to create the background. 
I then used the black and pink gold glitter sheets  (from DCWV) to die cut the Memory Box Dandelion, which I adhered to the card base.
 I added a heat embossed sentiment from Stampendous, and some Craftangles clear sequins to finish the card.



For the next card, I used the Craftangles 'Jumbled alphabets' stencil along with Tim Holtz 'seedless preserves' , 'fired brick, 'carved pumpkin' and 'twisted citron' distress inks.
I then die cut the birthday (Craftangles birthday wishes) from scraps of the glitter paper, I used for the cards above, adhered it to the card base and finished the card with a stamped sentiment from stampendous.


For the last card, I started with a kraft card base, from Craftangles. 
I used Memento Rich cocoa ink along with Craftangles 'Gears' stencil.
I stamped and embossed a simple sentiment form Paper Wishes and added a clock brad from Recollections.
I then matted this panel on a black glitter card base, cut to size. I adhered this to a white card base to finish the card.


The Craftangles range of stencils are super fun and super fun, and, I hope you will give them a try!
Thanks so much for stopping by! 
Have a great day!

Paru Mahtani

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It is much appreciated!