Thursday, September 11, 2014

Mint cupcake and macarons!

My mojo has gone for a walk and is taking its time coming back!!!
I am trying to cope by making tags!(among other things!)
They are smaller projects which seem less daunting!

So, I made this tag today for the "Less is More" Chocolate and Mint challenge.


The tag was cut using Spellbinders nest abilities. The Chocolate cupcake wrapper was cut from a paper I downloaded from Sandra's blog 'MeinLilaPark'. It was a free DIY print.
Perfect for this project I thought!!
As I did not have mint coloured paper, I cut out the 'cake' from white paper, covered it with versa mark and heat embossed it with mint embossing powder.
The entire cupcake and rose bud etc is cut using the Scrapping Cottage Cottage Cutz 'Stacked candies' die.
The sentiment is from Kaisercraft and the background is from Hero Arts 'Designblocks'.
I used chocolate coloured Rafia and mint coloured bakers twine to finish the tag.
Fun, isn't it?!

Oh dear...I just realised I have used colours other than the specified chocolate and mint.

So, I made another card for the same challenge...


For this card, I heat embossed the macarons (from the Avery  Elle 'bonjour' stamp set.)with mint embossing powder. I coloured it in with brown water colour and stamped the sentiment from Hero Arts (Be happy today) stamp set with Rich cocoa ink from Memento. The paper is the same I used above and for the mint coloured strip, I used a technique which I learnt from the awesome Jennifer Mcguire...to heat emboss a piece of paper with the required colour and then cut a strip from it. 

I am so happy with this card!!!!!

Am also entering the tag for the Case Study challenge.




Thanks for stopping by...
Have a good evening!

5 comments:

  1. 2 stunning cards paru. I could just tuck into those macaroons they look so realistic and love how you've created the mint card on the first one.
    Thanks for joining in the fun
    Sarah
    Less is more

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you got your cards linked to our challenge eventually,. they are stunning!
    We'll look forward to seeing more of your work!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I can't believe you embossed all of that mint! It looks fantastic! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow two great cards love them. Thank you for joining us over at case study challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy tag and card - they look good enough to eat! Well.. with my eyes anyway!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It is much appreciated!