Monday, November 3, 2014

Birthday card for a teenage boy

It's my son's 17th birthday today!!
As per a tradition I started a few years ago, I made him a birthday card.
I was inspired by this card from Etsy.com...https://www.etsy.com/in-en/listing/121253993/computer-geek-birthday-techie-birthday?
I couldn't find the image online( it is a digital image by Mo Manning), so I decided to draw it myself. 
Not a bad illustration I think!


This is the view of my son that I see whenever I enter his room!!! 
He is an aspiring writer and illustrator so I added the cup of pens on the side. 
The sentiment is from Kaisercraft which I die cut with spellbinders nest abilities and popped up using an action wobble!!


These wobbles are so much fun and so very easy to use. 
The Happy Birthday sentiment is fro Hero Arts. 
All in all a good night's work, don't you think???

Thanks for stopping by...
Have a good evening!


2 comments:

  1. this is fabulous! My teen son is a writer too and loves to draw, so I think this view is just about right! Happy Birthday to your son!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Chark! Will pass on your wishes! If your son would like to read, this is my sons blog on tumblr..
    http://type41.tumblr.com/post/100985230986/20-25

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It is much appreciated!