Sunday, May 1, 2016

May coasteride...Pocket letter challenge.

Hello!
We at Indian Craft Room are back with a new challenge for the month of May!!



Our hostess the month of April is

 Her challenge to you is to create a pocket letter using the storyboard below.

Here are some video resources to show you how to make a pocket letter.


The challenge will run from the 1st to the 28th of May



 As always, we have a few rules. Please read them carefully before you play.





1. Follow Indian Craft room

2. Blog about the challenge on your personal blog and link your post back to Indian Craft room.

3. If you do not have a blog, please post about the challenge on social media and link it back to Indian Craft room

4. If you have a blog, download and display this ICR challenge badge prominently on your blog.



5. Display the story board prominently in your blogpost and link it back to Indian Craft Room.

6. Upload your photos to the ICR gallery using the tag name 
                      ICRCSPR01
6. Like ICR on Facebook and Instagram


If you have any questions, or just love what we do,
please feel free to leave  me a  comment below.



Our sponsors for this challenge are the awesome people at the Mudra Stamps.
They have sponsored this beautiful stamp set!



Here is my inspiration for you this month.

As I could not find readymade pocket letters as you have seen in the videos above, I decided to make my own.
To make my pocket letter, I started with a 12"x12" sheet of patterned paper from Papericious.
I then measured and cut nine pieces of vellum to fit on this sheet.


I then held them in place with a strip of post it tape and sewed them in place with my sewing machine.




I then used Simon Says Stamp's Stitched rectangles die to die cut the inserts for the pockets.



I then went ahead and decorated each insert with images and sentiments for Mother's day!


This is my first pocket letter and I loved making it!
Here are some more close up images of each insert.


For this card, I used a stampendous cling stamp and watrcoloured with Sakura Koi water colours.


Paper Smooches 'Wicked Nautical' stamp set 


Stampendous 'Hand of Friendship' stamp set



Paper Smooches 'Cyber Cafe'


Darkroom Door 'Roses' background cling stamp and Simon Says Stamp sentiment


Art Impressions cling stamps and Simon Says Stamp sentiment


A simple photo of my son and me!


Hero Arts Stamps and Simon Says Stamp sentiment


Paper Trey Ink alphabet dies and Wplus9 stamps


CoasteRide ends at midnight on May 28th 2016
Don't forget to tag your submissions in the ICR gallery with the tag name 
ICRCSUM01
I hope that I have inspired you to make a packet letter too!
Now that you have all the details come on over and play along!

Thanks for stopping by!
Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It is much appreciated!