Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Spotlight card

Hello!
I have a simple and fun technique called 'Spotlighting' here today,
which can enhance your greeting cards!
It's a simple technique where the image is re-stamped onto a small piece of cardstock and placed above the original image to create the illusion of magnifying the spot or creating a 'spotlight'.
It is such a pretty stamp set, and I decided to add the little bee for interest.


To 'spotlight' the flower and the bee, I first stamped the floral image onto Bielo cardstock 
using the Misti tool.
I then placed a punched circle of the same cardstock over the area that I wanted to 'spotlight' and stamped the image again. 
I now had a perfect image on the circle. 
I then coloured the images using Sakura Koi watercolours.
I then added the bee from the 'Bold Geraniums' stamp set from Stampendous.
I then adhered the circle using double sided foam tape. 
This created the illusion of magnification.


I then mounted the square cut panel onto a kraft panel (which I cut using Simon Says Stamp Stitched squares dies) and then finally onto the card using craft foam to add dimension.
I added a bit of green paint splatter and some gold sequins for interest.

I decided not to add a sentiment...the card was so pretty by itself!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It is much appreciated!