Friday, January 12, 2018

Playing the Twofer challenge.

Hello!
I made  these cards to play Darnell's brand new Twofer challenge!!

The challenge calls for the use of one stamp in two different ways and for two different ocassions.
After, I made the cards, I went back to read the blog post more carefully, and realised I had to use a feather stamp!!!!!!
Since I have made the cards and written the post, here goes...

 I have used one of the planets from MFT's 'Space Explorer'  for two very different cards.

The first card is a personalised notecard  made for  a little boy who likes planets.
I stamped and water coloured the planets, fussy cut them and popped them up with double sided foam tape on a simple night sky background which I made by splattering some white acrylic paint on blue card stock. I adhered the panel on a 3"x4" note card with the boy's name stamped on it.
I used Stampendous 'Retro' alphabet stamps to stamp the name. 


For the second card, I used Lawn Fawn's Scalloped Box card die with the same navy blue cardstock as the the card above.
I stamped the planet multiple times and water coloured and fussy cut them to create lanterns.
I die cut the banners from the Lawn Fawn set and then hung the 'lanterns' from them. 
Hanging the lanterns took a bit of experimentation.
I sewed the string though each 'lantern', knotted the string and then sandwiched and adhered the string between two of the banner die cuts.
This way they hang like real lanterns.
I added some coloured paint splatter to the box and added the shiny gold embossed sentiment and gold sequins to finish the card.
 I just love how it turned out!!



I forgot to take a photo of the cards together, so here is a photoshopped image of the two, for the purpose of the challenge.


Thanks so much for this new challenge Darnell!! It was TWO much fun!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a great evening!
Paru Mahtani






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It is much appreciated!