Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Happy Diwali!

Hello!
Happy Diwali!
I have for you today, two cards using distress ink smooshed backgrounds. 

For the first card, I used Tim Holtz Carved Pumkin and  fired Brick distress inks to create an ink smooshed back ground. What this means is, that, I put down some ink on a piece of acetate, sprayed some water on it and then applied the ink onto the back ground.
Once dry, I stamped the diyas and Om with the same ink to create a tone on tone background.
I stamped, watercoloured and fussy cut the Ganesh image from Craftangles 'Ganpati Bappa' stamp set and adhered it to the card panel using 3D foam tape.
I then stamped sentiments from the Craftangles 'Diwali Sentiments' stamp set and added some gold sequins to finish the card.


For the second card, I started with an ink smooshed background created by using Tim Holtz Carved pumpkin and Festive berries inks and water. Don't you love that almost liquid firey look of the colours!
I stamped Lakshmi devi's feet using the Carved pumkin ink for a tone on tone look.
I stamped, watercoloured and fussy cut the Lakshmi image from Craftangles 'Shubh Labh' stamp set and adhered it to the card panel using 3D foam tape. 
I finished the card by stamping sentiments from the Craftangles 'Diwali Sentiments' stamp set and adding some gold sequins.


I hope you enjoyed this post and will try out these stamps.
Have a wonderfully festive season!
Stay blessed!

Paru Mahtani
Paru's Perceptions

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It is much appreciated!