Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Pretty bugs!

Good morning all!!
It's a wet  wet morning here in Mumbai, but, I have woken up with ideas buzzing around in my head!!!
Looks like it is going to be a productive day!

I have two cards for you this morning, which showcase what I call the magnifying effect.

To create this effect I stamped the flowers once on the card and once on another piece of cardstock. 
I punched our a 1" circle from the flowers on the cardstock and placed it on the base card to correspond with the image. 
I then stamped the bugs on the circle and after colouring, I popped up the circle with 3D foam tape.

All the stamps used here are from Hero Arts and Stampendous and the ink is Danube blue from Memento.

The gorgeous twine is from The Twinery.

I also used Tim Holtz distress ink to watercolour the hydrangea.

I am submitting the Hydrangea card for the Simon Says stamp Wednesday challenge.

The Hydrangea stamp is from Hero Arts and is available to purchase in the Simon Says Stamp store.







Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a fabulous day!


1 comment:

  1. These cards are gorgeous! FABULOUS technique you've showcased here, perfectly executed! :) Thanks for playing along in our challenge this week over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It is much appreciated!