Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Watercolour Stencil backgrounds...2

Here is a card made for my Official CraftAdda post today, using the watercolour stencil backgrounds I made at Online Card Classes with Tim Holtz.

The technique he demonstrated was with stencils which had a large negative area. Since I did not have any such stencil, I decided to make my own using the Cuttlebug numbers die plate and an OHP sheet. It did not cut perfectly, but I got a couple of really nice panels. I used Crushed Olive and chipped Sapphire distress inks on the OHP sheet and then spritzed it with water.

Here is the result...








To add interest I placed a sheet of blue vellum under the panel, added sequins and tilted the Stampendous sentiment.

I am submitting this card for the Case Study  193 challenge.




2 comments:

  1. Lovely card using stencil.
    Please visit my blog and if you like my card then pls vote for me for gallery idol rd #3
    http://handmadecardsbyarchana.blogspot.de/2014/06/gallery-idol-round-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the watercoloring technique, thanks for playing along with us over at CASE Study.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It is much appreciated!