Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Cards for any reason!

Hello!
I have some fun cards for you today..I've played with the last release of Craftangles, some stencils and some stamps.

For the first card, I started by creating this beautiful bee hive background using the 


I then stamped with an old Stampendous stamp 'Bee love' on the background as well as on a piece of scrap cardstock.
I coloured in the hearts and the bees hands and feet on the base card and the full image on the scrap card. (Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of the same..buy, you get the idea!)



I then fussy cut just the bee and adhered it to the bee on the card using 3D foam tape.
This added a some fun dimension to the card.
I then stamped the sentiment from Craftangles 'Congratulations' stamp set...it seemed most appropriate!
I finished the card using some Craftangles 'Bumble bee yellow' sequins.


Im submitting this card for the Simon Says Stamp Monday 'Stencil it' challenge!



For the second card, 
 I stamped the beautiful Craftangles 6"x6" 'floral circle' back ground stamp on a piece of white card stock



I then cut the panel to size using Simon Says Stamps Stitched rectangle dies.
I then die cut a heart from this panel.





I also stamped the same image using Memento 'Rose Bud' ink on another piece of card stock. 
I die cut that into a circle.



I then adhered the die cut panel over the pink panel using the die cut heart as a guide. 



I tried to line up the images as much as I could, but was not wholly successful.
In the end, it doesn't look too bad though.
The sentiment from the Craftangles 'Life is Pretty Amazing' stamp set goes perfectly with this monochromatic card with a pop of colour.
I finished the card with some black twine, a silver bell and some Craftangles 'cupcake pink' sequins.


For the last card, I have used the Craftangles 'Musical notes' stencil and 


I used sponge daubers to apply the ink  through the stencil.




Once done, I shifted the stencil and daubed the colour again through the stencil.
This created a beautiful layered effect.


I then used Simon Says stamp stitched rectangle dies to die cut this panel.



I stamped and heat embossed this image of a rockstar (Impression Obsession) and fussy cut it.


I then matted the stencilled panel with some black cardstock, adhered the fussy cut image with 3D foam tape, adhered this panel to a white textured card base and finished the card by adding 
this fabulous sentiment from the Craftangles 'Life is pretty amazing' stamp set.
I just love how this card turned out!
I also added some Craftangles 'Clear Shimmer' sequins' for some shine!


I hope you enjoyed these cards and will give these Craftangles stamps and stencils a try.
If you do, do not forget to tag us @HNDMD on social media. 
We would love to see your fabulous creations!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a great day!

Paru Mahtani


9 comments:

  1. Great cards and loved their different styling

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Bee especially likes your Bee card. The music notes background card is right on note for the music theme.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great techniques--nicely done! Love that bee....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three wonderful card projects and each of them have such beautiful stencil work on them, they are lovely! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous selection of cards but the little bee card with the beautiful stencilled background appeals to me particularly...I love that! Thank you so much for sharing these and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... 😊

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It is much appreciated!