Friday, April 24, 2015

Anniversary Anthuriums

Hi!
I have a card today which I made with the Simon Says Stamp flickr challenge in mind.
the challenge is a colour challenge… Butter yellow, Blue sky, Rose pink and Lime green.
So here goes…

I first created a background using a Winnie and Walter stencil.  I stamped the image ( a really old wood block stamp) on watercolour paper and coloured it using Camel watercolours.
I then inked up my Happy stamp from Winnie and Walter with Tim Holtz's  worn lipstick marker, spritzed it with water and stamped it on the card stock to give it that water colour look.
I then added the other sentiments( from Winnie and Walter and and Hero Arts)  to finish the card.
I cut the panel using Simon Says Stamp's Stitched rectangles die in order to get the stitched effect at the top and bottom only.

Quite happy with the results!

thanks so much for stopping by…CAS
Have a great day!



7 comments:

  1. I love the stencilled background - it is the perfect CAS accompaniment to your lovely flowers. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a delicate and perfectly watercolored CAS card, Paru! I always enjoy your cards. Thank you for playing along with the Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card, Paru! Thank you so much for joining us this week at The Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card.
    Thanks for sharing your awesome creation with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    hugs,
    Caryn x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It is much appreciated!