Monday, November 4, 2019

Anything goes challenge from Craftangles

Hello!
Welcome to the Craftangles 'Anything goes' challenge this month!

After a busy Diwali month, we thought you could have fun with this simple and easy challenge.
You can find all the challenge details here!

For this months challenge Im playing with the "Hello Lovely" stamp set from Craftangles.
I had so much fun colouring the lotuses in the set using the Craftangles liquid watercolours.




For the first card, I started by creating a background using the newly released Craftangles 
Waves stencil and Tim Holtz distress inks. 
This stencil is so beautiful and look at what a beautiful background you can create with it!
Once coloured, I fussy cut the lotuses and adhered them to the background using 3D foam tape. I added some clear resin drops and a simple sentiment to finish the card.


For the second card, I used a watercolour background that I had created some time ago, while I was making my rakhi cards. I made this background using Craftangles liquid watercolours on Craftangles watercolour paper. I die cut the panel to size and layered it with a piece of brown cardstock. 
I then fussy cut the watercoloured lotuses and adhered them to the background using 3D foam tape. I stamped the simple sentiment here, directly onto the watercolour panel. I adhered all the panels to a white card base to finish the card.


For my next project, I decided to create the same waves stencil background as the first card, but this time on a 4"x8" gift envelope. I like to have these around to give cash gifts, especially during the festive season. 
The spots you see are the Craftangles silver watercolour paint...it is so pretty..unfortunately it does not photograph well.
I attempted a no line colouring technique for the lotuses, with some success. I also made a matching flat card to go into the envelope, so that I could write my greetings on the card and not spoil the outside of the envelope. This way, the person I gift the envelope to can reuse it.



My last project is another gift envelope..same lotuses, different look. Here I created interest with the die cut circle and ink splatters.


I hope you enjoyed these cards as much as I enjoyed making them.
I'd love to hear what you think.

I also hope that you have been inspired to play along with the Craftangles 'Anything goes' challenge!

Thanks so much for stopping by..
Have a great day!

Paru Mahtani
Paru's Perceptions!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It is much appreciated!