Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Emboss Resist

I recently bought this Hero Arts stamp from a friend...I just love it!
To make this card I decided to use a technique that I saw long time ago in a Hero Arts video. Unfortunately I am unable to find the link now. 
This is how it goes though...
I stamped and embossed my image on an ivory card stock first in Chestnut and then with Clear embossing powder, hence, u can see two images. I then applied my distress inks directly to my 'Ranger craft sheet', spritzed water onto the colours and then, using my fingers,  applied the different colours to the image, where I wanted them. for example, the green on the leaves and the lavender and red for the flowers. I finished it off by sponging colour onto the background.  I layered the image with purple handmade paper and then onto a kraft card base.
The sentiment is from Hero Arts too.
One of my favourite cards!!
Thanks for stopping by...
Love to hear your comments...
Enjoy!



3 comments:

  1. lovely card,so many technique,great effort.
    megha

    http://meghanuj01.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card paru ...love the emboss resist technique you have used!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card & the emboss technique, so much of effort has gone into it

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It is much appreciated!