Wednesday, April 17, 2013

One Layer Card inspired by a film

Good morning everyone!
Happy Wednesday to you!!
Today I have a one layer card for you which I created using the 'Masking' technique and heat embossing.



To make this card, I first stamped and heat embossed the  greeting, buildings, clouds and hot air balloon from the 'Metropolis' stamp set from Paper Smooches, with black opaque embossing powder from American Crafts. 
I then stamped the images on a scap paper and cut them out. 
After placing them on the corressponding images, I then stamped the background with the  background 'map' stamp from Impression Obsession and heat embossed it with American Crafts blue embossing powder.




I then coloured in the buildings and the hot air balloon with my Faber Castell sketch pens.
Easy Peasy!!!
Looks WOW, doesn't it!! 
Don't tell anyone how easy it is...Try it!!

I am entering this card for the 'Less is more' One layer Week 115 create a one layer card inspired by a film challenge. 
the film I chose is 'Around the World in 80 days'.

I am also entering it for the Dynamic Duos challenge.




Thanks for stopping by!
Enjoy your day!

7 comments:

  1. This is a great card, very clever and perfect for the film.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great card

    Thanks for joining us this week
    Jen
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for coming by to visit me, Paru, so I could return the compliment! Your take on the LIM challenge, using the DD colors, is sensational!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW. Such a fun card. Thanks for playing with the Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of great detail on this card! Really fun! Thanks for playing along at Dynamic Duos this week! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fab card - lots of great details and stamping! Thanks for playing along with Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry this is such a late visit, but I have been cruising on the Rhine for a week and have just got back.
    It's a super card
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It is much appreciated!